Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #8821 (permalink)
Gutmensch
Music Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
No, I think sanctions are abuse. Telling other countries who they can and can't trade with is American Obnoxiousness, and it rarely works outside of the Western world (Iran, Cuba, N. Korea, but did work with S. Africa)
Surely America is a very arrogant nation with many double standards etc. But sanctions are in my opinion a legitimate option of politics. But there are of course dumb and destructive sanctions which have no ethical background. Sanctions must have a good justification.

What Trump did concerning Iran or concerning North Stream 2 is in my opinion very dumb. Trump argues that Germany becomes to dependent from Russian gas. Isn‘t it crazy?

Thank you very much, dear Donald, for your care.

Those actions substantiate the bad image of the United States in the world. The alleged nation of "freedom".

PS: Let me say as a European to you that hybris is the biggest problem of your country. I mean hybris is the problem of all countries more or less. But the more "powerful" a country is the more it has a problem with hybris.

And it is a complete absurdity that the alleged most christian nation in the world maintains the biggest military and the biggest arsenal of nuclear weapons.

You know this Genesis song from the eighties...

What about making this song your national anthem?

Just an idea.