Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #775 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Well like I said, the only way in which I think I have a feeling for someone not being cis is unconsciously picking up a sense of gender struggle or something. It's not something definite so I can't explain very well. I would never openly speculate, or just claim to know that someone is trans.
I know what you mean, it's like tuning in to a shared experience or insecurity or something. Seeing someone struggle with their identity doesn't always automatically mean TRANS or NB but there are definitely gut feelings like "I see you trying on these different costumes and masks, good for you, can't wait until you figure out which one is you" kind of thing.

With Elliot Page, he'd already been an outspoken queer figure, so I can understand why it doesn't take any stretch of the imagination for one to accept that he is genderqueer as well. It's just weird to say "it's not surprising" because who exactly IS surprised? Who has a stake in his identity to the point where this is surprising news? Is it surprising when someone comes out as gay? I don't think so, it just *is.* Like by saying you're not surprised are you trying to show that you're that much more accepting of it? Or that you somehow predicted it? Or that your thumb weighs so heavily on the pulse of queer culture that you have some kind of extra sense that makes you privy to this information? Just a weird thing to say imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote