Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #8850 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Did you know this is in my neck of the woods? It's where all the kids go for summer jobs. Pre-covid we had this big outdoor concert on the river every year that Grove guests got VIP access to - they'd roll in on these shuttles with a couple dozen hot af girls and just party. The Grove girls are fun. They got me drunk when I was underage and I think offered to human traffick me? My mom drove a shuttle for the Grove last summer, ran into a bunch of celebs. Conan being the most surprising! It was in her contract that she cannot make eye contact with any of the guests or speak to anyone unless spoken to. There was a strict dress code too, girls couldn't wear pants.
Jesus Christ. Burn it to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I don't like Trump's foreign policy in general and I'm frustrated that he squashed the Iran deal. I'm similarly frustrated that whatever meager progress he's attained in NK in terms of normalizing our relationship there will similarly be tossed out the window once he's out of power.

The Dems seem to like diplomacy with Iran but not NK. The Trump fans seem to like it with NK but not Iran. I'm saying diplomacy is necessary with both. I think that's a consistent stance.
What makes you think it's going to be squashed? As I say (and I know you disagree) Clinton had a pretty open policy. The Obama Administration had (IMO) pretty basic requests for the Taliban to come to the table with the Afghan government and they refused.

I don't know that the Democrats are as hostile to diplomacy as they're being made out to be. If anything I think in a post-Trump world they'll be given more latitude.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote