Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter's Top Albums of 2020
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I hardly keep up with new music, so I to cram really hard overnight for this test.

Wednesday - I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone
I found this album (on discog.com) back when it was release earlier this year and loved it from the start. I played it a dozen times, so it's my most played album released in 2020. They have those slightly distorted driving guitar and clean arpeggios a la Weezer. However they're not slavishly reproducing =W=. Their sound is more like =W= 2.0

Culk ‎– Zerstreuen Über Euch
Culk is an Austrian band. The moody Dark Wave is just delectable.

Rumer ‎– Nashville Tears: The Songs Of Hugh Prestwood I have to admit I'm so far out of the Country music loop I didn't know anything about him before I heard this album - though I'm familiar with the singer. This is her third album of cover songs and she dedicated this album to the songs of Hugh Prestwood. I enjoy his songwriting. The lyrics unfold a story like Bobby Russell. Rumer sings with the sincerity of Kate Wolf. I don't know how it ranks to other Country albums this year. Hey for all I know it could be shot down by Country aficionados - idk. I just enjoy the album.

Nilovic & The Soul Surfers ‎– Maze Of Sounds
Janko Nilović is 79 y/o and has been playing music since the 1950s. The music sounds very much like it's straight from 70s, but there's modern elements to it. I were to break it down I would say the bass playing and drumming sound like they are paying homage to 70s style (mostly Funk, among other things), but Janko's playing sounds authentically 70s.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote