Music Banter - View Single Post - On or off? The great shoes debate
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 05:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
My boyfriend's out of town for a few months so you're probably gonna be seeing a proliferation of silly topics in the near future, sorrynotsorry!
Well, you've made a good start imo, adidasss; you've chosen a question that is rarely examined even though it affects everyone.

Here are my two, or rather three, cents:

i) old-style in a cold climate: I used to wear lace-up shoes, putting them on before breakfast and only taking them off at night. Some people wore slippers, but not stylish, sexy, street-cred guys like me.

ii) modern style in a warm climate: most people in Mexico either wear slip-on shoes or tennis shoes, which they slip off in their own homes in favour of flip-flops. Visitors keep their street shoes on, though a gentleman is expected to remove his shoes before intercourse.

iii) post-covid: on US tv I saw some hygiene advice for kids, which was to take off your shoes as soon as you get indoors; not specifically for covid, but on the principle that the streets are covered with a bunch of germs and stuff anyway.