Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #8894 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I know you have. I'm saying the hippy Jesus angle really gets over hyped when people talk about being Christian. Being Christian means standing by and waiting for the apocalypse. Death and destruction. The majority of Zionist support in America are evangelical Christians who think armageddon is going to start in Israel. That's just as Christian as turning the other cheek etc. It's a death cult plain and simple.
If you read it from the perspective that all the supernatural stuff is silly bs then what’s left is a weird cult leader raving about pacifism and loving the poor.

The New Testament as a whole taken as a work of literature the only real take aways are love the poor and and never strike back even when attacked. Christians always point to particular verses in a text that’s full of all kinds of random weirdness. If you’re literate and can see the forest (main idea and theme) then you can easily see that the philosophy being advocated is in every way completely at odds with America. There’s no way to be a patriotic American and a real Christian because it’s obvious to anyone with any reading comprehension that Christ would’ve hated America as much as I do.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote