Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #72472 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
When you have time, can I tap you for some information on how those places work? I'm writing a story based in one and I haven't got a clue how to make it sound authentic.

Edit: sorry I mean animal shelters, in case that was unclear.
yeah sure but that's such a broad question. Maybe tell me a bit about your story and I can give you the details you need, rather than me trying to explain everything I know about animal shelters. Cause there's a lot of different directions I could take you in. There's tons of diseases and medical **** that is relevant, there's the adoption process and rescue pro cess and what qualifies an animal for what, as well as euthanasia and what causes animals to get put down. There's quarantines for bite dogs for rabies observation and there's a separate kennel for sick dogs, most commonly with kennel cough.

Then there's the volunteers. Animal lovers who come in to walk the dogs etc except half of them are animal rights activists looking for a scoop to stir up drama.on Facebook.

Then there's the actual job itself, which is quite literally a ****ty job, though a fairly easy one once you get used to the smell. But the job itself isn't that interesting. You feed them first thing in the morning take em to an outside cage, and then clean their cages while they're outside. You use a hose and a brush, as well as some foamer thing that sprays chemicals. You take em back in and basically clean outside and then you can take one for a walk here and there etc to pass the time until about an hour before we leave, at which point you feed them again.

Keep in mind I was just a worker. Vet techs have a more complicated job that I know a little bit about but not that much. They have to use microspores to check stool samples for worms etc, that kinda ****.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote