Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #72473 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay well here's the deal. It's a story in which you're supposed to think I'm writing from the point of view of a prisoner in a jail, and he's describing being picked up in the street for doing nothing, bundled into a van and then he comes to this place (which is where I need the descriptions) and talks about his life there. At the end he's adopted and only then do you realise it's a dog talking.

So I need specific information on what one looks like - is it always brightly lit, for instance, or dark? What happens when animals have to be put down? Is there a specific time/day? Is there any indication that a dog, were it able to reason in such a way, would know - similar to a bowl being banged for dinner or a leash being jingled for walkies. How long, generally, are animals kept in the shelter if not claimed? How often are they fed? Anything that sort of describes a normal day in a shelter which could be phrased in such a way as to seem like it's a human prison.

Example: "bell rings and they serve us our food. Slop it is, but you take what you can get. We all look up when a different bell rings. This ain't a good bell, and anyone it tolls for ain't gonna need food no more never." Although that would obviously give too much away, but I could say maybe "some of the guys get took away and we don't see them no more" or something like that. I don't know; I'm still fleshing it out. But the idea is to both accurately, as far as possible, describe the day-to-day of an animal shelter and the dog's experiences there, while not giving away that it is an animal shelter. Make any sense?