Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #72474 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Heh. Well I've been to jail so I can tell you there are some similarities between the two and that analogy did occur to me when I was working there but there are also some differences.

The light being one that I never would've thought to mention till you brought it up. In jail they always keep some lights on. They shut the main lights off when it's time to sleep but it's never completely dark cause they need to be able to see you at all times. At the dog pound, we cut the lights off when we leave so it would be pitch black in the at night. The dogs hear us coming before we even turn the lights on and start barking. There's no bell lol. There's no bell in jail either.

You could definitely use the traumatic experience of animal control catching the dog and bringing it in as a metaphor for being arrested. The main difference is they use a catchpole which is a pole with a wire noose at the end that they can tighten around the dogs neck. That allows them to keep from a distance and not get bit, but it can be traumatic for the dog especially depending on the AC officer. Some of them are chill but some are dicks. They're basically cops. You know the mentality.

Where the analogy breaks down is that the dogs never get to interact with each other directly like inmates do. You'd have to be in a serious max security prison and for a serious crime to be kept in your own cell like that. Also you wouldn't get arrested and go straight to prison you have to go to jail first.

A lot of the time some of the dogs try to fight through the cages which I guess you could compare to people **** talking you from another cell? I dunno tbh. Any other questions?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote