Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #222 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by franscar
Yes, but Bush said there WERE WMD in Iraq, he even named thirteen sites where he had EVIDENCE of the production of WMD's. He's spent the last year furiously back tracking. He said, before the war, that there were WMD's in that country, and he has not found them. He lied in order to start a false war.

Hussein gave no aid whatsoever to Al-Qaeda. Sure there were training camps within Iraq, but there are Al-Qaeda training camps in Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Bali, Saudi Arabia, the UK and the USA as well. Bush said that there was a link between Hussain and 9/11, and he's never given any evidence to the international community to back that up.
There is evidence of Hussein aids giving funds to Al-Qaeda. Your quote says nothing about 9/11...it says that Bush states they are "connected"...which they are. I'm going by what you wrote, so obviously you have to make yourself a little clearer.

Before the war, it is likely that there were WMD's in the country. We let them have their time making fools out of the UN Weapon Inspectors and then played the "You better stop, because we'll invade" for about 6 months. They had more than enough time to rid themselves/move any weapons.

If lied to, who do you think would feel the worst about it? I have a guess...maybe the MILITARY TROOPS OVER IN IRAQ FIGHTING. They are the most directly effected by it, and it's interesting, because a poll was just done on the military. When asked who they were voting for, roughly 68% said they are voting for Bush. I guess they didn't feel as "lied" to as you do.