Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #823 (permalink)
LivingDead_
Groupie

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about isn't it easier for indie bands to get discovered and find listeners today than it was 20-30 years ago? Back then you had local scenes and most people had never heard of any of the bands from outside their particular region until they got really big.

Now its so much easier to self-produce and distribute your stuff online - you don't need be on a record label to get national distribution or marketing through YouTube or even streaming services like Tidal, etc. I listen to tons of bands that I probably would never have discovered if I had to rely on word of mouth or the local music scene or to physically go to a record shop. Its so much easier to both distribute and discover stuff today.

And I feel like some bands may be making less and have to rely more on touring and merch but then there are tons of others who are actually making something now by being available over streaming services.

Last edited by LivingDead_; 12-11-2020 at 07:32 PM.
LivingDead_ is offline   Reply With Quote