Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated albums of 2020
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default Most overrated albums of 2020

CONTROVERSY LOL.

Just kidding, so despite the loaded thread title, this is just a thread about highly rated albums you just couldn't connect to (ordered by the higher the rating/the less connection ratio).

For me:

1. Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher.
Despite listening multiple times, I fail to remember a single song from this one. A bunch of quietly sung and strung songs with no discernable chorus or melody. Is it about the lyrics?

2. Moses Sumney: græ
It's complex, it's avant-garde, there's lots of potential and I just can't get into it. Except for Virile which is fantastic.

3. Bob Dylan: Rough and Rowdy Ways
I'm quite certain this one is all about the lyrics because the music alternates from slow, almost spoken word ballads to standard honky tonk blues which you've heard about a million times before. But apparently it's one of his best. :/

4. Fiona Apple: Fetch the Bolt Cutters
I like her delivery, it's not boring, but are any of these songs memorable? It's about the story I guess.

5. U.S. Girls: Heavy Light
I guess this lady was really into Xanadu or something because she sounds like an Olivia Newton John tribute. Didn't we leave these vibratos in the 70s/80s?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote