Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #8989 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I do think there is a real convo to be had about transgender in sports that isn't just blatant transphobia

nobody ever considers that maybe the Men/Women sports dynamic is archaic

why not a system of leagues based on ability?

but then we might have to get off this trip that people should be playing Sportsball as their whole life plan
I agree except the last part

I think it's cool that we fund major league sports to exhibit the heights of human athleticism. It's one of the few relics of a long forgotten to past where humans still valued physical prowess.

I do agree though sex divisions in sports leagues make about as much sense as racial segregation in sports. Like with basketball... on average men out compete women, but also on average black men out compete white men who out compete Asian men etc. Yeah a female center in the NBA is probably not gonna happen anytime soon. But a female point guard very well could. And in the meantime you're depriving the potential female point guards from competing in the most lucrative and most comoetitive league, for the sake of fairness. It's not exactly fair to her. She's being robbed by being confined to the wnba.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote