Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #845 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

OK so. I first started sensing ~vibes a long time ago when clicking absentmindedly through youtube videos. I'm not sure what it was exactly-- some sort of Taylor Swift Interview Compilation?-- and I noticed she had wayyy more chemistry with even a random female red carpet interviewer than she had with any of her alleged ""boyfriends"" from her Red/1989 days. But, that was just a minor thing I noticed. There was also the super gay song she wrote for her ex-bandmate, Emily or something, called Breathe I think? not only that, but T H I S video she made for her and posted on her old Myspace page a long time ago, featuring the lyrics "You have stolen my heart":

Heterosexual young women simply do not do such things. But, sure, it could be nothing, you could say. Straight women can have weirdly intense, borderline-romantic friendships at that age.

BUT THEN.

Karlie Kloss.

Something like 5 years ago, this one person I followed on tumblr (or twitter, idk) kept posting paparazzi pictures of Taylor out and about with her apparent new best friend, Karlie Kloss the supermodel. I thought, "OK, another PR friendship I assume, why are you posting this" but THEN this super gay Vogue photoshoot happened, featuring Taylor and Karlie looking very domestic in an RV and, also, walking through the desert in white dresses as though they both just got married after leaving their beards. I thought, Hmm, that's a bit odd; you'd think they wouldn't want to share the spotlight of a Vogue spread since they're both so fame hungry. Meanwhile, I'm sure, Buzzfeed and gossip magazines were writing gushy articles about how they're such good "gal pals". Just look at this:

Anyway I kept seeing increasingly blatantly (not imagined) gay photos/videos featuring this Karlie Kloss. Like an instagram post of some little road trip they took to Big Sur, captioned with a lyric from Taylor's song "You Are In Love." Oh, and then that blurry video came out of Taylor and Karlie kissing at a concert. I mean...

Granted, Taylor Swift may also be one of those tragically un self aware women who have a great deal of violently repressed love/longing for women but just tell themselves otherwise. Taylor seems to have a tendency to #NoHomo her gayer songs when it's totally unnecessary to do so. Also, if you're familiar with the formerly closeted country singer Chely Wright, one can't help but notice certain parallels. I watched a short interview clip of her once, where Chely was talking about how the industry forces pop and country stars to closet themselves; she referred to it as, of all things, a "big machine" which coincidentally is also the name of the music label Taylor Swift started out on. So I just wonder if she Knows Things.

So, yeah. It's a bunch of little things that have added up and become suspicious over the years. Her gayest songs, IMO are: Breathe, Dress, Seven, It's Nice To Have a Friend, So It Goes (which includes the lyrics "wear you like a necklace".. I mean), I Know Places, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Gorgeous, Gold Rush, and ofc Betty (she has numerous songs that are "FrOm tHe gUy's pErSpEcTiVe" and her fans don't even blink 'cuz they're dumb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That’s a very Hawkish approach to the discussion.
Well, I am right!! It can't be helped.