Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato presents: Trollheart's Box Office
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Santa Claws (2014)

Oddly enough, this ain’t on Wiki. What is on Wiki is a 1996 horror/slasher film, which, given the content and target audience of this one, I hope nobody ever mixed up and got the wrong movie for. "Ready to settle in to see bimbos shishkebabed by a manic Santa dripping in blood boys? Hey! Where the **** did all these kittens come from??" And on the other side, “Mommy! Has that lady been naughty? Mommy! Where are all the cute little cats? Mommy I don’t like this film! I thought Santa was good!

See what I mean? Poles apart.

Anyhoo, this is apparently another feel-good-sit-down-with-the-kids movie about Santa getting sick and his place having to be taken by, you guessed it, a bunch of kittens. Aah! I’m sure it’s cute, if you’re a six-year old. I haven’t been six for three thousand yea- ah, for some considerable time. Oh look! Seems Glen Miller came back from the dead to direct this! Oh. Wait.

Rotten Tomatoes ratings

Tomatometer: n/a
Audience Score: 20%

IMDB rating

3.1/10

One critic persisted to the end, and had this to say: Animal-centric holiday flick has jumbled plot, bad acting. That was Grace Montgomery at Common Sense Media, while one audience member whined

The only film of 2014 I found myself incapable of finishing. And I watched Transformers 4!

Come on! What did you expect?

You know, they had to go for the obvious with the strapline, didn’t they? “It’s a holiday cat-astrophe!” Oh dear. Couldn’t they at least have said “Kitten out the sleigh for Christmas” or “Many paws make flight work” or yes I know, I’ll stop now.

“Hello Amazon? No, it’s not the slasher movie, it’s about kittens delivering - what do you mean, my credit card was declined??”