Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #1712 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
That little zinger in bold comes direct from Trump, I believe. Like many Trump ideas, it's short, easy to grasp, but not true. Little wonder that Trump's preferred method of communicating is the tweet: the perfect format given Trump's struggles to understand complex ideas or even form complex sentences. He is, instead, the master of the nick-name, the slur, the chant, the accusation with little evidence.

Instead of the over-simple "staying in his basement", I'd like to propose a fuller, "fixed that for you" description:

__________________________________________________ ____________
What I like about this is the jobs it creates. Now, instead of a printer having to print only three words (in his basement) we have something that takes 92 words to print! Think of all the extra staff they'll have to take on! Thank you Lisna, for creating industry and jobs in an America that sorely needs it. You're an inspiration.

(Let's also not forget that those who slagged off Biden for being in his basement failed to level the same accusation at Trump, who hid away for days and days after the election, sulking in his bunker and plotting the downfall (der untergang?) of democracy.)

In other news, who cares but **** me it's about time this **** finally got it.

News Alert: McConnell for the first time recognizes Biden as President-elect
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that following the electors meeting on Monday, "as of this morning, our country officially has a President-elect and a vice president-elect."

"The electoral college has spoken," he said from the Senate floor in the US Capitol, adding, "Today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden."

McConnell's comments are significant given that many Senate Republicans still wouldn't recognize Biden's victory on Monday evening even after the Electoral College made the win official.