Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #1751 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
She has a doctorate. One of the first things you learn in college is how to address your professors. All my professors had doctorates. I don’t know if this is universal protocol but at my university non-tenured professors were addressed as Dr. and tenured professors were addressed as Professor. I’ve never in my life heard it argued before this that it’s inappropriate to use the APPROPRIATE honorific.
It's just grade school bully sh*t. It all came from a sh*t WSJ article with such a condescending tone.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-ther...-d-11607727380

Quote:
Madame First Lady—Mrs. Biden—Jill—kiddo: a bit of advice on what may seem like a small but I think is a not unimportant matter. Any chance you might drop the “Dr.” before your name? “Dr. Jill Biden” sounds and feels fraudulent, not to say a touch comic. Your degree is, I believe, an Ed.D., a doctor of education, earned at the University of Delaware through a dissertation with the unpromising title “Student Retention at the Community College Level: Meeting Students’ Needs.” A wise man once said that no one should call himself “Dr.” unless he has delivered a child. Think about it, Dr. Jill, and forthwith drop the doc.
Absolute garbage. This f*cking moron thinks being a doctor is exclusive only to those in the medical field. As if M.D. or "medical doctor" doesn't exist as a distinguishing factor of what kind of doctor somebody is. It's maddening schoolhouse bullsh*t as thousands die every day because people didn't take medical doctors seriously. Now they say it's important to keep the term, which existed as an academic title to begin with, exclusive to the medical field.

Get absolutely f*cked.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote