Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #1756 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I'm looking forward to kowtowing to our neoliberal overlords once more. A toast to eight years of hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun!
"kowtowing to overlords" is an odd way of describing things isn't it? Have Americans, I wonder, been "kowtowing to Republican overlords" these last 4 years?

For myself, I'm looking forward to seeing a President who is capable of acknowledging the disasters occurring on his watch:-

1. A massive security hack from Russia: "The attack unfortunately represents a broad and successful espionage-based assault on both the confidential information of the U.S. Government and the tech tools used by firms to protect them," : No comment from Trump.
2. A 9/11 size death toll from covid every day for over a week now: No comment from Trump.
3. Federal Government is cutting next week's vaccine roll-out by 30%, although Pfizer "have millions more doses sitting in our warehouse... but we have not received any shipping instructions.": No comment from Trump.

Also looking forward to a genuine "draining of the swamp" when Trump's dubious gang is replaced. Number of Indictments, I suppose, is one way to measure a swamp; here are the number of politicians indicted in recent admins, listed according to the presidents they were affiliated to:
Nixon - 28 : Reagan - 33 : Trump - 8 ( 9 if we were to add in that famous "unindicted co-conspirator")
Carter - 0 : Clinton - 2 ; Obama - 0

Sources: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...trump-reagan-/ and https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN25G1YU

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 12-18-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote