Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #1757 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
"kowtowing to overlords" is an odd way of describing things isn't it? Have Americans, I wonder, been "kowtowing to Republican overlords" these last 4 years?
Nah. Trump was a reaction to eight years of Obama's clinton-esque neoliberalism but without the dotcom boom to smooth over things conservatives didn't like. And what Biden's win actually shows us is that any Democrat who was on the stage last year could have gotten the nomination and likely won the presidency this time because of the sheer levels of turnout. Which means that if people were smarter overall, we'd have President Sanders instead. So now things are going back to the status quo that led us to Trump in the first place. Kanye 2024 yasssssss.

Quote:
For myself, I'm looking forward to seeing a President who is capable of acknowledging the disasters occurring on his watch:-

1. A massive security hack from Russia: "The attack unfortunately represents a broad and successful espionage-based assault on both the confidential information of the U.S. Government and the tech tools used by firms to protect them," : No comment from Trump.
2. A 9/11 size death toll from covid every day for over a week now: No comment from Trump.
3. Federal Government is cutting next week's vaccine roll-out by 30%, although Pfizer "have millions more doses sitting in our warehouse... but we have not received any shipping instructions.": No comment from Trump.
1. Ok? Russia and China are always hacking us or trying to undermine the U.S. in some form or fashion. Just because the news isn't always talking about it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening for a long time. I'm frankly surprised it was reported at all, seeing as there's zero benefit for that kind of information to become public.

2. Why would you expect Trump to be commenting on the deaths when it doesn't solve anything one way or the other? That's not how he thinks: any acknowledgement of weakness is just more ammo for his detractors. There's zero merit in him commenting on it when Americans basically do whatever the hell they want regardless of what the government says. Whether they want to go and protest or eat out at fancy restaurants...we're all our own worst enemy.

3. It appears that you don't have the correct story or perhaps your information is outdated. https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...hipment-delays

Quote:
Also looking forward to a genuine "draining of the swamp" when Trump's dubious gang is replaced. Number of Indictments, I suppose, is one way to measure a swamp; here are the number of politicians indicted in recent admins, listed according to the presidents they were affiliated to:
Nixon - 28 : Reagan - 33 : Trump - 8 ( 9 if we were to add in that famous "unindicted co-conspirator")
Carter - 0 : Clinton - 2 ; Obama - 0

Sources: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...trump-reagan-/ and https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN25G1YU
So you have some grifters who are bad at hiding their dirty laundry and others that do a better job at minimizing scrutiny because they're better at lying to us? Got it, thanks.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-18-2020 at 08:02 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote