Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 12:58 PM   #1828 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I know, I think you're projecting things I didn't imply. I'm not saying that anyone would like her if she were a man, I'm not even claiming that being a woman hurt her more than it helped her. You guys were discussing where the Hillary hatred comes from, and I just think you left out this aspect. I'm not defending her or sympathising with her in any way.

About why people like AOC: she's hot. She also doesn't have the other unlikeable aspects that hillary has, of course. My general point is that being a powerful woman clashes with some key things a woman is supposed to be, like pleasing and such. It's very difficult to navigate that without being labelled a detestable shrew; only a few women manage but they're exceptions.
I didn't mention it on purpose because that's the only thing anyone ever mentions. They refuse to put any of the blame on Hillary and defer to sexism, Russia, etc.

A big part of why she's so hated is also because of her association with Bill. There's been a 30+ year Republican propaganda campaign against the Clintons and Hillary played a very active role when he was president. She did a lot of shady and corrupt **** including pressuring victims of sexual assault to stay quiet.

Unlike Bill though she has no charisma to counter act against this legacy. And it's not cause she's a woman it's cause she's an empty suit. There's nothing genuine about her.

But to the same extent her sex can fuel hatred and her legacy with Bill can fuel hatred, she wouldn't be where she is in the first place without these factors. So you reap the benefits and you also reap the consequences. That's life. You don't get something for nothing.

As for AOC being sexy sure that might help but Palin is kinda a milf and I still find her unlikable. Omar isn't that hot and she's more likable than Palin. So is Warren, though I like her less due to how she handled this recent campaign for prez and basically double crossed Bernie.

At the end of day, Hillary is unlikable and just happens to be a woman. That's all it is. It's just like Ted Cruz. He's a slimey, phony guy that just rubs people the wrong way. He also happens to be Hispanic. That's not why he's disliked but he could just as easily play the race card and turn himself into the victim the way Hillary does with sex.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote