Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #1841 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Bitch you’re taking **** the wrong way
My sex life is my own business thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Because we're talking about Hillary Clinton and I'm giving you a reason why she should be hung from a street lamp.
That's very irrresponsible. What if the street lamp breaks? And do you really want to be walking past her bloated corpse every time you head to the pub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Church
Hung from a church? Interesting. Crucified maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I agree with part of this, but I do think that besides the lack of charisma her being a woman does play a role. There's probably no way to argue that further without repeating ourselves. I do think the Hispanic comparison isn't valid though; people feel differently about a powerful Hispanic person than a powerful woman, maybe because of family structures or something.

About AOC, like I said it's not just about being hot, it's about avoiding the powerful woman = witch imago in a more general way. Also whether you specifically like these women or not may not be entirely representative. At least, I credit you with better judgement about such things than the average person, however you may feel about women

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
As a young man Ted Cruz was drinking Modelo in a cemetery until he fell through the ground into a forgotten crypt. There he beheld upon the neck of a skeleton on a plinth an amulet of pure darkness. Putting it around his neck he became possessed by the spirit of an old white plantation owner and set off to conquer the world.

You can see it in his eyes.
* robs idea for story *