Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #586 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Episode title: How the Griffin Stole Christmas
Series: Family Guy
Season: 15
Written by: Aaron Lee
First transmitted: December 17 2016

When Peter stands in as a mall Santa the power goes to his head. That’s it. Well, not really but you get the idea. Brian and Stewie crash Christmas parties in search of free booze (for Brian obviously, not the baby) and lonely and desperate women. What? Oh. Yeah. Not Stewie. Probably not. No, definitely not. Definitely not? Definitely not. Stewie tries to liven up one of the parties by telling the staff half of them will be fired unless they can drink more shots that the other half, and the boss, liking what he hears, takes him on. When it becomes clear that Stewie’s joke has gone too far (don’t ask me where Brian is at this point; he seems to have disappeared) he tries to make amends by handing out paycheques to everyone, cut for the maximum amount he’s authorised to sign: eleven thousand dollars. Cash them fast, he tells everyone.

Having blagged everything he can because he’s dressed as Santa (seriously? They believe that? They know he’s not really Santa, right?) Peter passes out in the street. He awakes to find the real Santa standing over him, none too pleased at how he’s been mistreating the office. But rather than wreak terrible vengeance on him, like maybe showing him what the world would be without a proper Santa (or even an evil one) lame-ass Santa here just pranks Peter with a text and then tries to strangle him so that Peter gives in and takes off the suit. It’s beyond lazy, it really is.

Notes

It’s hard to know what to say really. This is top grade trash. I mean, what’s in the story? Stewie and Brian crash a party, Stewie gets a job at the office and it turns out not to be the awesome adventure he had anticipated. Peter uses his position as Santa to be really greedy and Santa sort of punishes him, but not really, until Peter repents. Garbage. If this is what the current season is like, I’m glad I stopped watching. There’s really nothing else to say. Merry Christmas, you fat lazy bastard Seth MacFarlane.