Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #72809 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yes because boomers are so well know for putting others first.
Good job you found the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I haven’t made a single social visit once since this broke. I do have friends and loved ones that I’ve put on hold this entire time without exception. Not one in person visit. I don’t do anything unless it’s mandatory for my survival.

That’s the sacrifice that we needed. Universally. I did my part but I still have to live in the valley of death because of others greed, selfishness, and stupidity.
I mean, good for you. I did my part too. But I went into the pandemic knowing and expecting people to be greedy, selfish, and stupid. I think it's on you if you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
How do you assess the risk? Anyone can get it, and just because they may be in a lower risk category medically (young, no underlying conditions etc) doesn't by any means imply they're safe and you can just go ahead in the knowledge they won't get it. That's really specious reasoning to me. If there's ANY chance - particularly with the vaccines now being rolled out, so it's not like this will go on forever - then surely the safe and sane thing to do is err on the side of caution and stay away?
The family members I am visiting are keeping up with strict mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, believe in science and vaccinations, etc. I assess the risk by knowing there is one, but trusting that we are all intelligent enough to minimize the spread and willing to accept the risk in order to have what limited time together we can. We've gotten together twice in the last 9 months. We've met outdoors, all worn masks, and stayed distanced from one another. No hugging, no potlucks. We are all tested regularly and isolate/quarantine as needed. It's pretty simple. The trick is to think about it for a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote