Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing mods
Thread: Missing mods
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #247 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It might seem a little obvious, and given I'm only back a wet day you can tell me to shut up (I won't of course; no force on Earth can do that) but rather than look to the mods to liven this place up or prove it's not dead, wouldn't it be better if everyone took an active part? Adidass, it's easy to criticise, but what have you done personally to contribute? I know you too have been gone a while and only back recently, but nobody's stopping you starting threads, a journal, or getting involved in some other way.
When I'm active I'm active, which you can see from my contributions, just go to my profile and see the threads that I've started. Etc. I think my presence is certainly felt, for good or bad...

Quote:
The mods seem to have a lot to do, keeping us spam free and so on, and to be honest I'm not quite clear what it is you think they should be doing. Drama is, for now anyway, down to almost zero so it's not like there's someone running around causing trouble who should be banned (other than me, I mean) and things are ticking over nicely. You can counter that by saying things are winding down, boring, moribund or whatever, but again it comes down to all of us I feel.
Not everyone can be everywhere but I do think every now and then some discussions continue to get unnecessarily nasty, which I would rather someone polices. But it turns out some of that nastiness comes from the mods themselves, which is what I take issue with, for some years now...:/

I don't actually have a problem with mods not being the most active of members, as long as they're still here, let's say at least on a weekly basis. They post something etc...Goofle is just an example of someone who has clearly given up on this place. So I don't understand why he would still be a mod. Reasoning as explained earlier. Is all.

Quote:
If you think the site is dead, then kick it up the arse and wake it up! Do something, as the Eagles say. Get involved. Be the change you want to see. Don't just look for someone to blame, and choose the easiest targets.
I definitely do NOT think this site is dead. That would be Exo and some others. I come here because it's active and interesting...to me...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote