Music Banter - View Single Post - Jesus Christ Almighty
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Jesus Christ Almighty

You really have to think about it. Here's a guy who, while still in the womb, was on the road, taken from his home town by his parents who weren't even married. Born in a bloody stable with some really suspect characters around (three kings? Give me a break! And what were shepherds doing there?) and almost immediately taken on the run from the authorities, leaving others to be killed in his place.

From an early age he's spending time with old men in the temple (which in later life he'll return to wreck and prophesy to destroy); can't hold down a job, leaves the family business to wander aimlessly across the country, associating with other dodgy types - almost all men - and causing trouble, coming to the notice of the authorities again. Observers in the know reckon he'll come to a bad end.

Mother disappears mysteriously, little is known of his father and then he wanders into the desert where he must have tripped on some pretty strong ****, comes back out claiming he saw the devil. Yeah. Makes some very questionable deals with the Palestinian Mafia, who supply him with loaves and fishes, but at what cost we wonder? Exhorts his followers to rise up and bring about the Kingdom of Heaven, enters Jerusalem drunk off his ass (sorry, that's drunk ON his ass. Maybe) with everyone waving very large leaves of marijuana (they say they're palm leaves but come on!), has a hissy fit in front of the temple and kicks the moneylenders around, snarls that he'll return to burn the thing to the ground, and then lets his enemies capture him without a fight, abandoning his followers.

Also abandoned by his followers, who prefer a cut-throat robber bandit chief over him when given the opportunity to have him set free, and ends up being nailed to a cross as a warning to others not to **** with Rome.

And this is the guy we're supposed to worship? Sorry dude, I know it's a downer to get this on your birthday and all, but excuse me while I break a gut laughing...