Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 07:11 AM   #1809 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Thanks, addidass. I agree that we shouldn't expect mods to go through the boards looking for duplicate threads to merge.
Recently, Marie was kind enough to consider sorting out the Krautrock threads at my suggestion. The problem was that no one would even post a thumbs up to support the idea that we have one permanent go-to thread for Krautrock:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Krautrock pops up regularly on MB as new people discover it or want to share a rec. On MB it's spread across several sections: Avant Garde, Electronica, Rock&Metal and Prog&Pysche. It doesn't really have a "homebase" thread, like other genres that come to mind. For instance, from MB's first page, it takes one click to go to the Ska section, another click on the first thread at the top, and there you are, picking up on the latest Ska recs.

You can't do that with Krautrock, which is why I'm suggesting we have a stickied thread in the Prog&Psyche subforum. Marie is kind of tentatively on board with the idea, but it would be nice to have a comment from other members so that she doesn't dismiss me as a lone crank. If you think it's a good idea, you could put a thumbs up below or follow Tristan's comment in this thread:-
https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-met...ml#post2137056