Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #12699 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
Octopath Traveler

I have been wanting to pick this up for a couple of months now, and I finally decided to do that last night. Coincidentally they were having a sale on it, so even better. To be fair, I would've easily paid full price. I've gotten about 3 hours into the game, and I can safely say that this is one of the best experiences I've had in an RPG since DOS2. The music is fantastic, the combat is fluid and fun, the voice acting is a little bit cringe worthy, but the overall story / stories make up for it. If you have a Switch, pick this up. And I'd honestly say it's worth buying a Switch for.
Weird feelings about this game personally. I loved my first 10 hours or so but then my enjoyment started to fall off a cliff. It started to get very repetitive very quickly and the initial excitement of recruiting all the party members was replaced with nothing of particularly novel value for me. Obviously it remains to be seen if you end up feeling the same way, I have some friends that loved it all the way to the end and even took on the insanely difficult postgame true ending superboss...so yeah. I never ended up finishing it

And speaking of RPGs I picked up Persona 4 Golden when it came to Steam but never booted it up until today. You practically have to get through a long movie’s worth of dialogue and worldbuilding before you actually play the game but thankfully the opening to the story is excellent and I’m really enjoying it now that it’s gotten moving. My only other Persona game before now was 5 on PS4 which I loved to death, so I’m excited to dig into this one deeper

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote