Music Banter - View Single Post - Ear Doctor In The House!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Welcome to MB, Margo!
Yours is one of the most charming intros I've read here for a while: I hope you stay and enjoy yourself here. We have plenty of musicians on MB, and there is a special section in which they can get down into the weeds of how music is put together. Do you play an instrument , or are you a singer?

There must be a million ballads that tell stories, though for the moment my mind has gone blank, and I'm going to fall back on good old Bob Dylan, who has some great story songs. I wonder which artists you like specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoSloan View Post
I will say - I dislike greatly music that includes a specific name or is publicly known to be about a specific person. In my opinion, this defeats the purpose of mainstream music, which is to draw you in and make you feel the emotion. When it's about a specific person, I end up thinking about them instead of my experience and takes the joy out of it. But that's just my $.02!
How about names of places in songs: are they ok? If you don't like those either, then I'm afraid we must be implacable enemies, as I have a real soft spot for geographical references in songs.

Hoping that we can arrive at some kind of compromise on this issue,
Lisna