Music Banter - View Single Post - Ear Doctor In The House!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
MargoSloan
Groupie

I am both an instrumentalist and a vocalist - I play flute, guitar, piano, harmonica, dabble in mandolin/bass/merlin/clarinet, and vocals are probably my strongest beyond piano, which was my first instrument way back when. I've played and taught rhythm guitar for over 20 years now - and time does fly!

No, I take no issue with geographic references - in fact I have written many myself!

I would say my favorite artists to listen to are Melissa Etheridge, Brandie Carlile, Sheryl Crow - it's easy to hear their influences in the music that I write, though I also love grunge and am an original Pearl Jam junkie. I have covered many grunge-era tunes from Soundgarden and Audioslave to Nirvana. I think "all over the place" is a good way to describe the music I play when I'm doing solo performances, though I tend to gravitate towards alternative rock in general. The newest project of working on old standards is definitely a change, but up my alley as I had a dream to do musical theatre once upon a time. Maybe when Covid is over I will audition again for local opportunities as my life is fulfilled by performing - and 2020 in general..... I need not explain how it feels to like-minded musicians, I'm sure!
MargoSloan is offline   Reply With Quote