Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello From An American Living In Germany...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
mlolm
Groupie

Cool Hello From An American Living In Germany...

Hi All,

I'm looking for an outlet to share my enthusiasm for good music. Unfortunately most of my friends here in Germany (many of whom are of other nationalities, so no offense to any Germans) seem to either have crap music taste, or don't really care to discuss. I have a few Canadian friends who I can talk hip hop with but theyre mostly into old school hiphop, so don't have so many who share my musical tastes. My ex had the same musical taste as me (which was a huge reason I was into her), but my current partner and mother of my 2 children pretty much listens to movie soundtracks all day long on the German "Classic Radio" channel.

Needless to say, I have no one to share and discuss new songs I find, or my passion for obscure reggae and dub reggae music.

My music genres:

- Rock, Grunge, 90's (Nirvana, NIN, Filter, Offspring, Greenday Nostalgia Music)

- Hip Hop (Gotten into Trap a bit as of late, but I like artists like Boozie Badazz, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mayne, Paul Wall, Outkast, Chamillionaire, Dre, Drake, Notorious BIG, Birdman Big KRIT, J Cole, Eminem)

- Dub Reggae (Not dubstep, please don't confuse it. The master: Lee "Scratch" Perry is like 100 years old and still going strong releasing tracks weekly, his music is one of my obscure favorites, super weird, he sounds really funny, but somehow I love it. Other examples: Rythm & Sound, Panda Dub, Nucleus Roots, Dub Dynasty, Kanka, Brain Damage etc.)

- Bluegrass

- Ween (yes i'm putting them as theyre own Genre. If you are a boognish, you know what I mean)

- Psychadellic Jams & Trip Rock from the likes of Pink Floyd, Pink Mountaintops, Maps & Atlases, Django Django, The Flaming Lips

THe list goes on and on, but thought I would share a few here. Not really sure if anyone cares, but it's kind of cathardic for me having no music "buds" around.
mlolm is offline   Reply With Quote