Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 05:37 AM   #40 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post
Honestly, I've never really understood punk music. For example, the Sex Pistols are really popular here but I don't get them. Ramones are a bit more accessible for my ears, but I don't like them much either. I don't know much about this type of music. As for other punk songs, I'm not sure if Lust For Life by Iggy Pop would be considered a punk song. If it is, then, great, because I love it. I thought Iggy was a cool guy untill I found a video of him and Yoko Ono "singing" together.
The Ramones are the greatest rock band there will ever be. You will come to love punk, hip hop, jazz, classical and all of it. You’re only 14. We’ll take you from here to there. You have to appreciate how the pieces fit together and the beauty will become apparent. It takes time and a certain amount of work and humility. Don’t worry about music you don’t get yet. Don’t write it off. Just save your opinions for when your ready for it. It takes a certain amount of incremental steps. For 14 you’re doing great. You already have sophisticated music taste. Stick around and you’ll end up appreciating and loving everything.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote