Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 05:40 AM   #431 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
^it's cool that you mention that! Rudolf Steiner spawned a pretty nutty, ****ed up cult, but his architecture is nice and does have some followers to this day. Actually I know just one, but he's pretty established in Holland and did some big projects, one of which I know well
Everything about your comment surprises me, Marie - starting with the fact that you've heard of R Steiner

Quote:
not as good-looking as the original work by Steiner, but still pretty nice, particularly irl
I'd have to disagree with this because to me those buildings are just as good as Steiner. Partly because of their extent, so much bigger than anything RS was ever commissioned to do, and partly because of the colours. It's a nice combination, the bluish windows and the walls that remind me of when I've put too much milk in my coffee.
I think the architect has got the lesson of Steiner just right; buildings that are both sensible and strange. I would just love to walk around that whole complex myself. If I was in your company at the time, yeah, I could live with that.
__________________________________________________ __________

So yours is a difficult post to follow, Marie! I've been scratching my head for a day or two, but haven't come up with much. There's a video for anyone curious about Washington's civic buildings:

__________________________________________________ ___________

And an old stand-by of eccentric British architecture to fall back on, Portmeirion, which Plankton and I have both enthused about in the past:-

A village on the coast of North Wales, it became famous as the setting for that stylish tv series of the 60s, The Prisoner:

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 01-12-2021 at 05:46 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote