Music Banter - View Single Post - Lennon-McCartney vs Waters-Gilmour vs Page-Plant
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

I agree that Lennon-McCartney were the best ones, but Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb or Shine On You Crazy Diamond were written by Gilmour (music) and Waters (lyrics), so I'd say Pink Floyd was based on the songs these two wrote together. As for Led Zeppelin, John Paul Jones would suggest ideas, but I'd say he was to Led Zeppelin what George Harrison was to The Beatles (and what Rick Wright was to Pink Floyd). Jimmy Page and Robert Plant wrote/arranged together the following songs without the help of any other band member:
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, The Battle Of Evermore, Four Sticks, Going To California, Houses Of The Holy, Immigrant Song, Living Loving Maid, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Over The Hills and Far Away, The Rain Song, Ramble On, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN, Tangerine, Ten Years Gone, Thank You or What Is And What Should Never Be.
I still agree that Lennon-McCartney were better, but I think it's fair to compare them with others, too. Maybe it would have been more fair to remove Lennon and McCartney and just compare Waters-Gilmour vs Page-Plant, what do you think?
But hey, it's just an opinion.
And thank you for voting!

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 01-12-2021 at 06:28 AM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote