Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 09:29 AM   #119 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Still don't understand why Shine On gets so much hate haha but hey we all like different things.
I personally think the Barrett era was sooo boring, with two excpetions (See Emily Play and Arnold Layne)
When Gilmour joined, they recorded some really awful things like Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, etc.
They start getting better with Meddle, another bad one, but with the exception of Echoes (which, despite being amazing, is unnecessarily long)
The Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here show Pink Floyd at their best, when they worked together as a band.
Animals is a dark album, difficult to follow at many points. In my opinion, the only good track is Pigs (Three Different Ones). I think it clearly shows that Roger Waters thinks he's Pink Floyd and no one else is.
The Wall is a very interesting album and a brilliant idea from Waters, but if you don't understand English, know what is it about or you don't watch the movie, you can't follow it or enjoy it. But it was a very impressing project, with highlights such as Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2 or Comfortably Numb.
Now, all the stuff they did later is just so awful and crappy. The Final Cut wasn't a group project either, and although I don't like Waters's dictator personality, that album should've been the last thing Pink Floyd did. I don't get why the rest decided to continue without him. Pink Floyd was mainly Waters and Gilmour (Mason and Wright had their importance too, but c'mon), without one of them, Pink Floyd should've disbanded instead of behaving like selfish 3yr old kids.
P.S. Shine On You Crazy Diamond is my all-time favourite song hehehe so be careful (nah everyone's free to express their opinions)

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 01-13-2021 at 04:09 AM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote