Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Rolling Stones Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 02:23 AM   #78 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Trust me, "self conceited" gets on my nerves too. There are plenty artist I write off for the same reason. However I didn't get that from Mick. I just think of him as not talking himself too seriously and just goofing around singing. Even though he acts like he hot stuff he comes off as dorky. It's seems like all an act on stage, when he's not performing he seems like a regular bloke.
Yeah, I couldn't stand Robert Plant for the same reason, not because he was self conceited, but because of his attitude on stage, which consisted on wearing (ridiculous) floral blouses and saying "babe, babe mama let's go, woman" thousands of times while Page was doing a 20 minute long guitar solo with a violin bow and Bonham was doing an even longer drum solo. And they acted as if they were supercool, while I was thinking "Lord, this is so boring"...I know it doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I used to think about Led Zeppelin the same way I think about The Rolling Stones now. Now I'm a huge Zep fan, who knows, maybe I'll get to like the Stones, too.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote