Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey, everybody!
Thread: Hey, everybody!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophylacticpanic View Post
Salutations! My name's Sophia. I've been a fan of music since a young age. Having been limited in my in-person social interactions thanks to this horrendous pandemic, feeling in a chatty mood about the music I've been finding solace in, and being fond of an old school chat room atmosphere, I figured this seemed like a place I'd be able to satisfy my itch.

I collect CDs and vinyl, and I'm always on the look out for something new and interesting to listen to. I've also been playing bass guitar for a bit over half a year, and I've experimented with keyboard as well. I hope to become a musician in some form in the future, though I'm aiming more at the art world in general. Other than music, I enjoy reading, writing, art, graphic design, technology, architecture, history, fashion, travel, exercising, and--once the weather gets nicer and going out places is safer--trying out different sports.

In terms of music taste, I usually lean towards weird, as is my nature. I don't like restricting myself to genres, but some that I generally enjoy are synth punk, experimental rock, psychedelic rock, electronica, the blues, ambient, and krautrock. My favorite bands include DEVO, Dead Kennedys (and anything Jello Biafra related), NoMeansNo, Big Black, Brainiac, MC5, Cream, The Chemical Brothers, NEU!, Boards of Canada, Turing Machine, and more.

Thanks for having this site!
Have you listened to The Fall before?

And what are your thoughts on disco?
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote