Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's your favourite Yardbird?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
The only expensive tickets were for Cream. $160 (face value) (US) per ticket for floor seats. We were front row in the left rear section on the floor of Madison Square Garden. It's the most, by far, that I've ever paid or will ever pay to see a show. I figured it would be my once in a lifetime chance to see them but, even so, the ticket price had me questioning my sanity from the moment I decided to buy the ticket until the band came onstage and started playing. As soon as they started playing, I felt like it was worth every cent.

Montreal, Canada, August 6, 1967. We were there on vacation at the time and the Dead & the Airplane just happened to be playing together while we were there.
Quote:
The only expensive tickets were for Cream. $160 (face value) (US) per ticket for floor seats. We were front row in the left rear section on the floor of Madison Square Garden. It's the most, by far, that I've ever paid or will ever pay to see a show. I figured it would be my once in a lifetime chance to see them but, even so, the ticket price had me questioning my sanity from the moment I decided to buy the ticket until the band came onstage and started playing. As soon as they started playing, I felt like it was worth every cent.
That's so cool! I would 've payed anything to see Cream or Pink Floyd live, too!!
Quote:
We were there on vacation at the time and the Dead & the Airplane just happened to be playing together while we were there.
I guess now it would be impossible to see two great bands performing together for free! Grace Slick was one the best female rock icons for sure. Just a tiny little step below Janis Joplin, in my opinion.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote