Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's your favourite Yardbird?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #44 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Like Exo says I’m just teasing you.

I’m notorious on the board for unabashed bragging but on the real, as a fan, because I’m not a musician so I don’t know that side of music, but as far as music fans go I know a lot about music. And I mean almost any genre. I’m one of the most obsessive curious constantly learning music fans you’ll ever meet irl or online. I don’t want to debate with you even though you make very clever points like in the song writing tandem poll you made. But ultimately I want to teach you how music connects all the way from the early origins in the Middle Ages to all the major movements of the 20th C to everything going on right now. That’s why I didn’t want everyone throwing ridiculous recommendations at you. I want to go from where you are now to be able to enjoy and appreciate everything. It’s good for you to express your opinions and debate but you also need to be willing to put down your swords and just completely open your mind to learning.
Ah well, ok, that's great, I also love many genres too (except reggaeton)
It's good to learn and accept everything but sometimes it's difficult to put swords down (specially while talking about The Rollling Stones and Sex Pistols, in my case). Anyway, I'm glad my coments haven't annoyed you...yet.
By the way, with the Rolling Stones, it's a bit different, because it's not that I don't like their music, I've already talked about it in a thread called why the Rolling Stones suck, or something like that.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote