Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's your favourite Yardbird?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post
OK, don't get me wrong, I really love Little Wing, All Along The Watchtower and Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Purple Haze, Fire and Hey Joe are good, too. Never liked Foxy Lady. There you have all the Hendrix songs I know really well. I just think I don't have the right to say Hendrix is my favourite guitar player when I can't name more than 10 songs by him. Was he the best? Probably. Can I say that he's my favourite when I spend 70% of my free time lsitening to Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple solos? I don't think so. I even get angry with Queen fans when they start talking and they only know 4 songs thanks to the movie! I know that I need to listen more to his music, but at the moment, I can't say much about him or say that he was undeniably the best.
P.S. At the moment, the GOAT for me isn't Jimi, it's JIMMY (As I see it's not very common in this forum to write P.S. in every message. Should I stop writting that in every coment?)
Change your listening habits to invest in the knowledge of the music that’s going to pay the best dividends. Start listening to Hendrix. Two months later problem solved.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote