Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's your favourite Yardbird?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #76 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post
There're worse ways of wasting my youth than listening to Eric Clapton.
Don't listen to them. There is no rule that says you have to burn your bridges to develop music taste. You just add to your favorites the more you learn.

Quote:
I don't think it's like comparing apples to oranges, but anyway.
Usually singers comes up with lyrics, and someone works out the chords on piano (keyboards) or strums out the chords on guitar. But when you talk about guitar player noted for their lead guitar work, and soloing on guitar that contribute is a bit different almost independent of songwriting. They don't start off with a guitar solo and build a song around it. The guitar solo is an add on, worked out later. The three alumni of the Yardbirds are for lead guitar work. Jeff Beck didn't write pop songs people identify like EC. But imho he is more interesting guitar player.

Quote:
Thanks for posting the music video, Rod Stewart looks so good, I didn't even know that video existed! That's cause I listen to music mainly by Spotify or records.
I listen to music mainly on YouTube. I like the side bar recommendations from YT, which Spotify have. But the one advantage to YouTube are the videos of live performances and interviews.

I heard the Les Paul & Mary Ford version of this song a hundred times. I can honestly tell you that Jeff Beck does the lead guitar part perfectly -- note for note. His timing and articulation is immaculate.

Jeff Beck & Imelda May Honor Les Paul | How High the Moon

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote