Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Artist: Eric Clapton Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 04:49 AM   #37 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thought that was Bob Geldof in the movie of The Wall?

Ah hawuld yer whisht, as we say here in Ireland. It's all in fun. When you let slip that you were a Clapton fangirl, my destiny was clear... you'll note that I also made one for my own favourite band, so that there can be no accusations of bias.

We are spiders. We weave or we die.

But otherwise he's ok, right?

Like Millhouse said, I fear to watch, yet I cannot look away!

Should that not be baby catcher?

Now you're getting it.
One of us, one of us, one of us...
Yeah, c'mon from the beginning I thought it was fun, even if it had been about why The Beatles (my favourite band) suck I wouldn't be angry. The difference is that, as you said, I'm a Clapton fangirl (and a huge one), so I was just pretending that I was upset ( I would have done the same if you had opened a "What sucks about Robert Plant" thread).
Quote:
I listen to Disraeli Gears dozens of times. It's one of the first albums I owned. I also like Derek & the Dominos and Blind Faith. They are worth checking out imho.

I don't care for the "Beano" album I think it's over-hyped. But I like other John Mayall albums -- so go figure. Talking about John Mayall, I think Peter Green and Mick Taylor are just as good or even better guitar players than EC. But most Boomers just rave about Beano ... but no.

I don't think it's worth hating on E.C. cause he did contributed some good stuff with Cream, Blind Faith, and Derek & the Dominos, a one off performance with The Dirty Mac and song colab with The Beatles.
Derek And The Dominos were great, just one album, but what a great quality!
Peter Green...ok, I like him, I listen to "Green's era" Fleetwood Mac, but I wouldn't say he was better than Clapton, although I think they're at the same level and comparable. And Mick Taylor...I mean, the guy from The Rolling Stones...You've probably already read what I think about them in the "What sucks about The Rolling Stones" thread...
While My Guitar Gently Weeps is such a good song! The Beatles + Eric Clapton, I almost cried with joy when I read about it.

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 01-16-2021 at 06:09 AM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote