Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #9816 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I was never that bad but... It could get bad. Like I just wanted to read my Star Wars books and I was being "taught" material at least two years beneath my grade that I simply didn't need to pay attention to and my teachers didn't like me reading in class but still put up with it cause they knew I didn't need that **** but eventually one thing comes to another and they tell me to put my book away and I guess I'm none to receptive and next thing I know they take my book away and I'm having an absolute fit with a teacher's assisstant dragging me out of class and having to peal my fingers off the door jam cause I'm not leaving. Not without my ****ing book.

I mean I'm clearly a behavioral issue. But if the school's solution is to stick me in the class with the nonverbal kids I'm clearly being abandoned.
that's completely ****ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I know exactly what was happening man. I fought against that **** to point of putting my livelihood in jeopardy. That’s why I’ve gone on and on that school shouldn’t be compulsory. It just doesn’t work for everyone. Everyone twists that into the same thing as certain people shouldn’t be educated which is the exact opposite to what I believe. Schooling and education are very different.
I get where you're coming from but there's a downside to making it optional as well. Yes you can be educated without school but ask yourself do you really think the kids who school doesn't work for have the kind of home life that will see to it they are educated without school? Essentially you'd just give lazy/incompetent parents even more wiggle room to neglect their kids.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote