Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #2084 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
On his first day in office alone, Mr. Biden intends a flurry of executive orders that will be partly substantive and partly symbolic. They include rescinding the travel ban on several predominantly Muslim countries, rejoining the Paris climate change accord, extending pandemic-related limits on evictions and student loan payments, issuing a mask mandate for federal property and interstate travel and ordering agencies to figure out how to reunite children separated from families after crossing the border, according to a memo circulated on Saturday by Ron Klain, his incoming White House chief of staff, and obtained by The New York Times.
I'm with OH, TH and Biden on this one. So many disastrous Trump-era decisions will be undone. The Republicans may do their ineffectual best to obstruct, Grim Reaper style, and dig up every bit of irrelevant what-aboutism that they can from the Obama years, but unfortunately for them, most GOP leaders are portraits of hypocrisy, with many still publicly wedded to a delusion (stolen presidency).
Plus, of course, the record of their own admin is abysmal: where is the Mexican-funded wall? Where is their repealed and replaced Obamacare ? Where is their threat-free romance with North Korea?