Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:38 PM   #73642 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

So today I went to dollar general and outside there was this old black homeless guy. As I walked towards the entrance he mumbled something. I was like what? And he said I'll holla at you on the way out. I could already tell me was about to try you hit me up for money, I can spot it from a mile away, but he clearly lost confidence in that moment.

I decided in the store I would hit him up with 10$. I never give to the homeless. Ever. I know what they spend it on and I'm too selfish to feed their habit. Plus there's too many of them. I always say no. But I felt generous for whatever reason.

On the way out he starts to approach me with his spiel and I cut him off before he can spit it out and just hand him the money.

I look him square in the eyes. His eyes are so cloudy I dunno how much he even sees. It looks like he already has serious cataracts. I tell him " one day that ****s gonna kill you." He gives me a bunch of BS about how he already drank a bunch of liquor and was just looking for a bite to eat. I knew he was lying cause we were blocks from the soup kitchen where he could easily catch a free meal. He was looking for the next hit. I know the feeling. I wished him good luck and walked away.

A block later another homeless dude came up to me to beg and l told him i got nothing for you. Wasn't his lucky day. Just missed me. It reminded me why I generally don't give money to beggars. It's a cold world.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote