Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 06:25 AM   #73651 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah, we only give to make ourselves feel better, but it does, for a little while.
I remember once I dropped a fiver into a guy's collecting tub on the street. Dude had been getting coins, if at all, and eyes wide when he saw the blue. Came after me to thank me, seemed really genuine. Another one, same sort of thing, I was in a shop after I'd given him the money and he came in after me, buying some rolly tobacco. Saw me, said thanks a lot man, seemed really pleased.

They hang out at the ATMs in the city; kind of idea of looking at you with sad eyes as you take out your money (or probably if you're alone jumping you, though the one I use(d) was always busy, being in a sort of midtown location). I wouldn't give them money - kind of don't want to in front of other people in case they think I'm trying to be the big guy, look at me - but I was then in line for donuts and I bought him a bag. He was freezing and obviously hungry, and while I'm sure he would have preferred money, a hot bag of sugary donuts on a cold day would have gone down well.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-18-2021 at 08:51 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote