Music Banter - View Single Post - Listen with Trollheart
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #113 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Mythos – Forgotten Deity (2017)
Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal

RYM Rating: n/a

Right, well this appears to be one of those one-man-band efforts so prevalent in this genre, a guy called Zapomniane Bostwo, who goes under the artistic name of Forgotten Deity. He appears to have released close to fifty (yeah that's what I said) albums so far, in a career spanning possibly four years (!) - hard to get the actual information but if his bandcamp page is displaying his albums in chronological order, then his first was released in 2016. That's nothing short of phenomenal. Is it, though, a case of quantity over quality? I have about seventeen of his albums on my computer, so even at that, I own barely a third it would seem of his discography. Do I want to hear more?

There's a kind of ambient thing going on here with soft tribal drums, very impressive. No vocals as yet, if there are to be any. Kind of a darker tone to “Defeat of Chronos” though still quite ambient, hearing more of the guitar now. Almost sounds like bagpipes in “Order of Zeus”, though I'm sure it's not. ABM albums tend to not exactly overpack the tracks, and this is no exception. Five in all, but every one a gem. I'll be listening to more of this guy. Could hardly even throw a metal tag on this really. Well maybe, but it's more rocky ambient than anything else.

A well-deserved
Four and a Half Thumbs Up!

Here's his bandcamp page: https://forgottendeity.bandcamp.com