Music Banter - View Single Post - Brian May's Bohemian Rhapsody Guitar Solo Voted Greatest Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The guitar solo on We Will Rock You is the greatest thing he ever did and one of the greatest moments in the history of recorded music. I’m surprised the universe didn’t collapse the first time he played it.
For me Bohemian Rhapsody>We Will Rock You, but I think the greatest thing Brian May ever did was The Show Must Go On.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I'm no guitar connoisseur (far from it), but definitely not Brain May for me. Two of my favourite solos are by Jimi Hendrix: the solo bit in All Along the Watchtower and the one in Message to Love (from Band of Gypsies, I mean that one funky solo). And I agree with what Elph once pointed out about the solo in Can't Stand Myself by James Chance and the Contortions, that would be my third favourite
Yeah, I'm very far, too, in the end I value more the feeling.
That one is freakin' amazing. When I listened to it for the first time on the radio thinking that it was a song by Cream, I was like "ohhhhhh my, ohhh my I can't believe it". That may sound a bit exaggerated but it's true.

And the best solo of all time apart from that one imo would be Still Got The Blues, Since I've Been Loving You, Hotel California, Heartbreaker or Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 01-18-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote