Music Banter - View Single Post - Brian May's Bohemian Rhapsody Guitar Solo Voted Greatest Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Do you mean it ironically? Just to know because I don't even understand irony in Spanish, so I don't know.
No. I don’t joke about music.

The way there’s nothing but percussion and voice there’s essentially no guidelines for him to start from plus it’s such an incredibly unique and addictive tune up to that point - I don’t care what anybody says there was nothing like it before or after and until hip hop came along it was the greatest chant in the English language. So much was hinging on that solo. He doesn’t go prog. He doesn’t upset the tempo. It’s not a corny mimic of the chorus. It’s perfect. The song is unimaginable without it but it still seems like he pulled perfection out of nothing. It’s such a triumphant moment. There’s so much power from that unforgettable beat and chant - something that is immortalized in our consciousness- everyone knows it - but the guitar solo still rises above again - even above all that greatness that was already there - it’s perfectly powerful and masculine and astonishingly raises the song to even greater heights.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote