Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #1070 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I think this whole Nirvana influenceing Radiohead thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Even if they were (i`ve never seen them say it myself) Radiohead have so many influences I doubt that they would have made much difference to their sound even if they were or not.I have got Radiohead doing a Carly Simon song , would it be fair to say we wouldn`t have OK Computer or Kid A without her too?
Radiohead do have several influences (including one band that you so despise)... Everything from Can to The Smiths to The Beatles to Talking Heads to Miles Davis, and more some.

But how i look at it, every influence counts in some way, big or small, and it plays at least some kind of role in what the music will sound like, the reason Radioheads musical style is so disperate is because they have a disperate amount of influences, if they only had just one big influence, you would have noticed.

And all i ever said was that Nirvana were a influence, not one of their biggest influences or one of their most important, you guys are taking what i said way out of context.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote