Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #3599 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando here View Post
U.S. numbers

Hospitalizations are down but deaths are up. Not sure about the correlation but I rememer that trend when COVID was on the wane in New York back in June.
The county I live in had a record death day yesterday that was about three times the previous record.

In other news:

Quote:
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson resisted calls for an inquiry into his government's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic on Wednesday as the country's death toll neared 100,000 and his chief scientist said hospitals were looking like war zones.

Johnson has been accused of reacting too slowly to the crisis, failing to supply sufficient protective equipment and bungling the testing system, although the United Kingdom has been swift to roll out a vaccine.

The official death toll is 93,290 - Europe's worst figure and the world's fifth worst, after the United States, Brazil, India and Mexico. Deaths rose by another record daily number on Wednesday.
I know it’s bad form to just start throwing uninformed opinions around but let’s just say I’m concerned about the lethality of the new variants.

We get tons of tourism year round because of the beaches and Florida is just open for business like nothing’s happening so I’m sure all the new strains are right outside my door. If not inside, too.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote